We were interviewed by the Union Democrat, and they posted this video online.
1) Manzanita Arts Emporium @manzanita.emporium
2) Manzanita Writers Press @manzanitawriterspress
3) Twitter ManzanitaWP @manzapress
4) blogpost ongoing for Out of the Fire community writing – http://manzanitaoutofthefire.blogspot.com/
5) Blogspot.com – http://manzanitawp.blogspot.com/ Our interns set this up for us with informative articles and events.
6) Manzanita Website with a wealth of information www.manzapress.com
Article about hosting California Poet Laureate Dana Gioia at the
Angels Camp Museum June 17, 2017 – with the launch of the Out of the Fire anthology based on stories, poems, and photography of the 2015 destructive Butte Fire.
Examples of some of the workshops we have hosted!
Workshops at Manzanita Arts Emporium in 2016
For information or to register for workshops, go to manzapress.com or call 728-6171.
• Tech Talk Series: Facebook and social media, $15 per session or $50 for all four sessions. 3 to 4:30 p.m. on Nov. 23 and 30, Dec. 7 and 14; presented by Brett Bunge.
• Writers Unlimited meeting: Newcomers welcome; 6:30 p.m. Nov. 23, free writers review group. All genres and levels welcome.
• Novel Hot Starts, first five pages; $40; 9:30 a.m. to noon on Dec. 5; presented by Anoinette May, author and columnist.
• Healthy living, mindfulness and nutrition; 1 p.m. Dec. 6, free; presented by Nitya Prema, a licensed marriage and family therapist. Mindfulness techniques for anxiety, stress reduction and improving relationships. Getty Ambau, author of “4 Pillars of Health,” shares a regimen of nutrition for healthy living.
• Poets night with Writers Unlimited, open mic; 6:30 p.m.; Dec. 7, free; poetry sharing and craft exercises followed by an open mic.
• Scripted or not: writing for nonfiction film & TV, $195; 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 12; presented by David Vassar and Sally Kaplan of Backcountry Pictures. Learn about Backcountry Films online at bcpfilms.com.
• Mark Twain’s 88 days in the Mother Lode talks; noon to 1 p.m. Dec. 12 and 19, free; presented by historian Jim Fletcher, author of “Mark Twain’s 88 Days in the Mother Lode,” published by Manzanita Writer Press.
Mark Twain’s Wild West Fest – Writers Roundup
Writing the Senses with poets Monika Rose and Suzanne Murphy
For more anecdotal information and photographs of events, go to the archives tab under the Events tab.