- About Us
- Sponsors & Advertisers
- Submission Guidelines
- Writers Unlimited
- Wine, Cheese and Chocolate Book
- Links to Friends
Manzanita Writers Press
Manzanita Writers Press is a nonprofit press as a member of the Literary League of the Calaveras Arts Council, and the press was founded to do the following:
- Facilitate the Writers Unlimited critique group. Organize readings, events, and workshops. Network with writing communities across the state.
- Publish local, regional, and other area writers, whether in launching a career, or nurturing a more experienced writer.
- Assist selected project writers in procuring funding, editing and promotional services, and other needs of the publishing process.
- Train Volunteer Editors and staff members.
- Staff needs at present: Grant writer and Distribution Mgr.
- Sponsor and host Writer Workshops and Conferences in our region
- Maintain a Writers Network with organizations across the country to assist writers
Manzanita Writers Press has published 10 publications, organized countless readings and workshops in the region, held writing contests, and promoted the literary arts throughout the region and continues in its mission of hosting writer events. It is a nonprofit organization that publishes works by regional writers and those with a connection to the Mother Lode. It also prints Manzanita: Poetry and Prose of the Mother Lode and Sierra, a series of literary publications as well as the new forthcoming book, A Taste of Literary Elegance: Wine, Cheese and Chocolate, coming out in Spring 2014. Our publications are available for purchase through Amazon and Small Press Distribution in Berkeley, CA — purchase publications by going to www.spdbooks.org and support writers in our region by purchasing the Manzanita Writers Press publications. Also, purchase on Amazon.com.
* Manzanita Writers Press is a nonprofit member of the Calaveras Arts Council Literary League in San Andreas, California.
Manzanita Writers Press, a Literary League Member of Calaveras County Arts Council
PO Box 632, San Andreas, CA 95249 Phone: (209) 754-0577 email: email@example.com
MWP facilitates Writers Unlimited – a lively and congenial group of local writers meeting every 2nd and 4th Monday evening at 6:30 PM at the CAC Gallery to review their manuscripts – contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Monika Rose, Director and Content Editor-in-Chief ~
Joy Roberts, Business Manager and Content Editor ~
Connie Strawbridge, Marketing Director and Layout Designer ~
Joyce Dedini, Layout Design
Jennifer Hoffman, eBook layout designer and fiction editor
For Arts Council Info (209) 754-1774 Contact Arts Council office
Executive Director, Calaveras County Arts Council (CCAC): Mary Jane Genoccio
CCAC web site: email@example.com
Find Us Here
Facebook: Manzanita Writers Press
Arts Council Gallery and Office – 22 N. Main St., San Andreas, CA 95249
Mailing: PO Box 250, San Andreas, CA 95249
Phone at the gallery: 209-754-1774
More About Us
This MWP publication is a collection of works by over 100 authors and poets from California and beyond, as well as 30 photographers and artists.With a beautiful cover and crisp pages that honor the works inside, this book would make an aesthetic and entertaining addition to your coffee table.
If you have heard of the famous Mark Twain short story, “The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County,” then that would be our territory, with Angels Camp, the setting of that story, situated in the center of our geographical wheel. We are actually situated in San Andreas, the county seat, about 15 minutes west of Angels Camp.
With our first six books released to the world as of 2009 and available via Small Press Distribution (www.spdbooks.org) and Amazon.com, we have launched our nonprofit publishing efforts and look forward to many years of promoting the literary arts in our region and beyond, as well as promoting writers with high quality work that we believe in.